27 September, 2009

Henin's Gonna Come Back, Farewells to Sugiyama, And Date Won!



Justine Henin will be back 2010!
I'm so happy about it. She is one of the greatest tennis athletes after Martina Navratilova. I felt really sad when she retired from tennis, because she's so gifted in tennis. I thought like, "Without tennis, what's gonna make her shinning?" Now she's back again. And I hope I can see Henin's beautiful back hand again and I just hope she would rock women's tennis world. Because I don't wanna see tennis trophy being grabbed away by Williams and Russians
any more..(^-^;)
.
And Sad move here. I express my big appreciation what Ai Sugiyama contributed to Japan's tennis. She played tennis 17 years in the competitive tournaments in the world, won 3 Grad Slam women's doubles titles. Yes. Sugiyama is a former world No.1 in women's doubles, and currently ranked world no. 8 in doubles, she is considered to be one of the best doubles player in the WTA Tour. Not only doubles, she made a great achievements in singles too. In 1995, she won her first Grand Slam match and reached the 4th round of Roland Garros.
In 1996, she reached the 4th round at Wimbledon. She represented Japan at the Atlanta Olympics where she defeated Martina Hingis to reach the 3rd round. And sad to say, now she's announced her retirement from tennis circuits. SOOO SAD! We miss her.
.
Another greatest Japanese tennis star Kimiko Date Krumm of Japan advanced to the Korea Open final by upsetting defending champion Maria Kirilenko of Russia 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 Saturday. She will play second-seeded Anabel Medina Garrigues of Spain, who defeated Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany 2-6, 6-3, 6-1. Date said, “I had nothing to lose if I lose the match." Go! Date! Go! Go! Go! Without Sugiyama, Date is kind of our beacon who can
show real world's tennis to Japanese tennis freaks. She is gonna be 39 this month. Can you believe this? Such a veteran doing her best to live up her life, is, no matter what, sure to give us middle-aged some huge power. Let's go after her.
.

I'd waited and waited Hana's come back after her retirement for years. But she never did. I know that's the way she wanted to live up her life. But I missed her like crazy. Still do now.
.
.
Hana Mandlikova, ca.1980
Photo : unknown origin


.
.

Popular Posts

Hana 1981

Hana 1981
Hana Mandlikova 1980